Fall 2021 Moodle course shells are now available. Refer to our Moodle QUICK-START Instructions for Faculty and start building your course sites for next year.
Moodle-2021.haverford.edu hosts Moodle sites for the 2021-2022 academic year. On June 8, 2021, we will rename this server to moodle.haverford.edu and archive the current 2020-2021 Moodle server. You will still have immediate access to view and reuse materials dating back to Fall 2017. Moodle materials prior to Fall 2017 will be available upon request but may take several days to retrieve.
Related Tip: Although IITS keeps copies of old courses, we STRONGLY recommend creating your own backups for all courses.
The Fall 2021 course moodle-2021.haverford.edu shells are built on an upgraded version of Moodle (version 3.10). This version is very similar to our current version, but there are a few changes and new features:
- Log on has changed. After you click the button to log on from Haverford, you will be redirected to a page where you will enter your userid and password. Note that “@quaker.haverford.edu” will be appended to your userid as you authenticate. Some find this confusing, but it is how the login now works.
- Turn editing on button is now front and center (as it was several years ago)
- Add a resource or activity enhanced to make it quicker and easier to find commonly used resources, as well as personal favorites.
- Search course participants by multiple selection criteria.
- Back to top arrow helps you navigate quickly through long course pages.
- Expanded support for H5P lets you create and use interactive activities in your course
Watch for additional information on June 8th. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
Note: This message previously had June 6th as the cutover date. June 8 is the planned cutover date.